Fresh food can’t be kept in an open room for long periods of time. Like in supermarkets that use refrigerated displays to store and exhibit the food they sell. How to store food in a refrigerator properly arranged neatly can make food more durable. Not all foods can be stored in the refrigerator. Do not put any food into the refrigerator, because if wrong place, the fridge can smell odor. You should also pay attention to how to store food accordingly to the refrigerator.
- Rinse thoroughly before putting in the refrigerator, then put in the bag.
- Label or mark on each bag that is inserted.
- Cook and use the meat in order of purchase date. Cook the meat that is stored longer first to the new.
- Store all kinds of meat, chicken, fish, and other frozen food in the freezer section.
- Store meat and poultry meat in a special place of meat. Meat and poultry should be used for a maximum period of two days. If long-term storage is required, wrap the meat using aluminum foil and freeze.
- For Bacon and ham should be covered with a cloth dipped in vinegar water.
- Fish usually give off a pretty strong odor. Therefore try not to keep the fish side by side with other foods, in order to prevent food from the smell of fish. The fish should be immediately inserted into the freezer. We recommend first place in a closed container.
- Refrigerators usually already provide a special place of vegetables at the bottom. Usually a special drawer. You can store vegetable foods on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- Wash and dry the vegetables first to be stored in the refrigerator. Use a piece of paper to wrap the vegetables before, then wrap them in a plastic clip so the vegetables do not rot quickly and break down.
- As much as possible, do not put green vegetables too close to the tomatoes because the green vegetables can emit ethylene gas that makes tomatoes rotten faster. So give the distance between the two.
- Do not be too long store vegetables in the refrigerator or even more than 3 days. This is done so that the quality of vegetables can remain good and awake.
- Especially for vegetables sprouts, before put in the refrigerator, wash it first then soak in water.
- Store the beetroot, carrots, and turnips by cutting the green top and keeping it in a dry bag.
- To store vegetable foods such as cucumber, Japanese cucumbers, paprika (capsicum) and pumpkin, preferably place them in plastic bags or special bags in the refrigerator, they should always be dry.
- Leafy vegetables need special attention. Remove the leaves and let them dry. When it looks dry, store it in a plastic bag or special bag in the refrigerator.
- For corn storage, you should save the corn which is also still there fibers to prevent the corn kernels become dry quickly.
- Some vegetables are categorized as ‘heavy breathers’ vegetables, such as spinach vegetables. This type of vegetable heavy breathers can damage the vegetables around them if stored close together.
- Store unwashed mushrooms in plastic paper bags.
- If you do not want to use peas immediately, keep the peas in the plastic container.
- Store food in the form of fruit in the box to store vegetables under the refrigerator. But keep in mind; do not mix fruits with strong-flavored vegetables, because it will make rotten fruit quickly.
- Fruits that can enter the refrigerator are generally oranges, apples, pears, pineapples, mangoes, and melons.
- Papaya, sapodilla, and uncooked sour soup do not go into the refrigerator. Enter the fruit if it is cooked.
- Do not store bananas directly in the refrigerator. Keep the banana in the fruit bowl first for about the first three days, and then put it in the refrigerator.
- So it is with apples. Put Apples in a bowl or fruit bowl for the first five days. After that then just put in the refrigerator.
- Put the Balinese Citrus (Chakotra) outside the refillable Balinese Citrus refrigerator placed outside for seven days.
- Plums, black berries, and other types of hard seeded fruits: These fruits when still raw should not be placed in the refrigerator, just put them in a brown paper bag or container. However, if it is cooked, the fruits should be cooled.
Refrigerators usually already provide a special place to store eggs on the door. Keep eggs on the shelf. By storing eggs in the fridge the eggs can last for 3-4 weeks.