We’re loving wearing a pop of colour on our nails this Summer and one of our favourite nail art trends is the ombre look! It’s a little tricky to master but once you get the hang of it, the gradient effect looks amazing and can be achieved using any of your favourite colour combinations! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create this fab summer look!
- Paint your nails with a white base coat. This step is optional, but a white base coat will give your coloured polishes something to cling to and really make them pop!
- Take a plastic sheet (the lid off a piece of tupperware will do!) and pour a drop of your coloured polishes beside each other in the order you would like them to appear on your nails.
- Take a toothpick or a cocktail stick and gently swirl the edges of each shade in to each other so that they begin to blend.
- Get a clean makeup sponge and dip it in to the nail polishes before dabbing on to your nails. You may have to repeat this step a few times to build up the colour and make them blend properly.
- Remove any excess polish from around your nails using nail polish remover and finish with a clear top coat.
Et voila! You now have super cool, summery gradient nails. If this isn’t enough, you can jazz them up even more by painting a simple design over them or adding rhinestones for extra “wow” factor, and while you’re at it you’ll need some wrist jewellery, so try a little something stylish from either Lipsy or Kate Spade watches to really set things off. Go girl!