Looking for a versatile white wine to serve at almost any occasion? One choice might be a fine chardonnay. Simple, rich, and elegant, this wine has some amazing attributes.
Sometimes the best way to get acquainted with good wines is to go to tasting cellars. If you would like to try wine tasting, look into wine tasting Humboldt County CA.
Chardonnay: The Versatile White WIne
Served on all continents and pairing well with almost any dish, Chardonnay’s adaptability and drinkability are legendary. Let’s take a look at this queen of wines. Chardonnay originated in the Burgundy region of central France. In that region, it is known as White Burgundy. It became very popular and spread to other regions of France.
As the Chardonnay grape spread to different wine-growing regions around the world, its incredible terroir became widely known. Grapes grown in warm climates tend to produce a Chardonnay grape that is ripe and full of tropical flavors, By contrast, in cooler grape-growing regions, the wine has flavors of apple as well as earthy fall aromas such as of mushrooms and of the smell of fallen leaves.
Facts About Chardonnay
As you sample different Chardonnays, keep the following facts in mind.
- The Chardonnay grape is highly adaptable and can be cultivated in almost any soil and climate where grapes are known to grow.
- Some Chardonnays have a “buttery” taste, caused when the winemaker allows “Malolactic Fermentation” to occur.
- If you don’t like the sturdy and particular oak taste found in some Chardonnays, buy “Unoaked” chardonnay.
- The robust flavor of Chardonnay defies typical wine etiquette: it pairs well with red meats, unlike so many other white wines.
- If you drink blanc de blanc champagne, you are partaking of the Chardonnay grape.
So, if you are looking for a quality and adaptable white wine for yourself or your guests, Chardonnay might just be the best choice.